Many drivers are not aware of the number of fluid service needs their vehicles require to run at peak performance. Engines, transmissions, brakes, power steering, and windshield washers all use fluids or oils as they do their job.
Gasoline, though different from other fluids or oils, is another fluid the engine uses to do its work.
With the extremes of temperature and dirty conditions of normal, day-to-day driving, lubricating fluids degrade and become contaminated over time so they no longer protect your car’s components as they should. Their detergent properties no longer stop build-up of harmful residue and prevent clogging that can cause premature failure of internal parts. This is why periodic fluid service for your car’s lubricating fluids is necessary if they are to remain clean and protective.
As vehicle owners purchase newer vehicles, the need to follow fluid service requirements that meet manufacturer standards is even more critical. With the precise machining of internal components on new vehicles, failure to perform timely maintenance may result in premature malfunction of these expensive components.
Here are some of the preventive maintenance fluid services your car may need:
- Power Steering Fluid Flush: This service uses a machine to push out the old fluid and replaces it with new. Metal and dirt particles are removed so the lubricating properties of the new fluid can once again protect your vehicles steering system components.
- Transmission Fluid Flush: This service extends transmission life by removing degraded and dirty transmission oil.
- Brake Fluid Flush: Replaces the degraded, contaminated fluid that over time reduces the ability of your brakes to function properly.
- Fuel System Flush: This may be required to remove residue deposits that build up on internal fuel system components over time.
Here at Palmer’s our ASE Certified mechanics are trained in all automotive fluid service procedures. With over 28 years of experience, we’re confident we can keep your vehicle on the road with your service done right.
Stop by, or schedule an appointment online! Let us help you keep your vehicle running as efficiently as possible.
Benefits of Palmer’s Automotive Repair service:
- Napa Certified Auto Repair
- Napa Auto Care Center
- Master ASE Certified Technician
- 24 month / 24,000 Mile National Warranty
- Conveniently Located in Central Twin Falls
- Shuttle Service Available
- Accepted by Most Extended Warranty Providers